2020 Emergency Plan for Elections and Installations MCL League Departments
The following Emergency Election Procedure (EEP) has been reviewed by a Special Meeting of the National Board of Trustees (BOT) with a quorum present and were approved on 1 April 2020. Based on our discussions and approval, we have adopted the following procedure:
Emergency Election Procedure for Departments
- Departments that have already submitted their Report of Officer Installation (ROI) for the 2020 fiscal year are not impacted by this EEP.
- Departments who can hold a convention and complete their ROIs by July 31, 2020 (prior to the National Convention) are also not impacted by this EEP.
- Departments that require additional time beyond July 31, 2020:
- Departments are advised that remote elections (tele-conference, web-meetings, etc.) are not considered authorized elections.
- Departments will be given extended time to complete the election process at a rescheduled convention or at a quarterly staff meeting, so long as the election is accomplished so that the ROI can be completed and submitted on or before October 31, 2020.
- The National BOT advises that the 2019 Department Officers’ term of office extends until such time that the 2020 ROI is completed.
- The newly elected 2020 Officers who were installed as a result of this delay, will have a shortened term so that the 2021 elections can return to their normal timeframe.
- Departments that have not submitted their ROI by July 31, 2020 will be recognized for voting purposes at the National Convention based on their 2019 ROI. The Chief Operating Officer shall inform the National Convention Credentials Committee of those Departments that fall into this category.
This process was approved by the Marine Corps League National Board of Trustees on April 2, 2020.
National Commandant/CEO Click to download PDF